Sr. Backend Engineer, Collaboration
Splice (View all Jobs)
Remote - U.S.
1. Call with recruiter 2. 4 hr take-home project 3. Video interview w two engs on take-home exercise 4. Video call with hiring manager 5. Video call w VPE & principal eng to talk about architecture.
$145,500.00 - $185,500.00
Programming Languages Mentioned
You will implement and maintain the next generation of Splice’s customer facing collaboration products using your deep problem-solving skills, your passion for music production, and your direct understanding digital music creation workflows. You an experienced generalist with hands-on knowledge of domain driven design, Web technologies, service API design, and testing. You may find yourself deep in desktop application architecture one day and architecting the back end the next. You have the ability to design software and user experiences that are performant, extensible, and accessible.
Music starts at Splice. Splice is cultivating the essential ecosystem for music creation with innovative audio products that inspire and enable artists. With sounds, skills and connected instruments - Splice is meeting the needs of a new generation of musicians and creators, alongside a diverse and trusted library of over 2 million pre-cleared samples. Splice is a global community of producers, innovators and musicians, offering creative solutions for creative challenges.
Our culture is our community; we hold ourselves and each other accountable as we work to continuously improve, navigate uncharted territory and change the industry for the better. As artist advocates we seek out diversity in who we hire, represent and how we collaborate, to ensure a more inclusive and open minded reality with access and freedom for all.
What You’ll Do?
- You are comfortable delivering on large, complex tasks with multiple components
- You can investigate and provide detailed guidance for areas of significant ambiguity
- Delivers complex tasks spanning multiple domains and teams that have high impact; identifies areas for improvement and their solutions
- You regularly screen for quality risks across the platform and provide solutions prior to implementation
- You set an example for quality by engaging with other teams and engineers to ensure proper, comprehensive reviews and testing
- You provide mentorship and give frequent feedback on how to improve our processes and enable teammates to learn best practices
- You help manage cross-team commitments, track their progress and relate that to the overall delivery roadmap in order to help prioritize what the team should be working on
- You consider yourself flexible and readily adapt to change
- You enjoy looking for personal growth opportunities and are continuously looking for ways to improve
What We’re Looking For?
- You have relevant experience building and maintaining production servers using technologies such as Golang, Node, Python, Lambda, Docker, etc.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists and become the most iconic company in music
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working across technical stacks
- You’re self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes
- You have a bias towards action and experimentation
- You care about quality. It drives you
- You get excited about data and using it to make technical decisions
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- You are comfortable both deploying and maintaining code
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with audio production software such as Ableton Live, Logic, or ProTools
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Angular
- You have contributed to and are familiar with cross-functional Design System e.g. Storybook
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Splice is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄