Software Engineer, All Levels
Carta (View all Jobs)
Rio de Janeiro, BR
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
Your Role at Carta
You will join our team of passionate learners, builders, experts, and leaders to define and implement Carta's next generation of products, platforms, and infrastructure. You'll collaborate closely with key stakeholders in Product, Business, and Design. Carta's software engineers contribute in many different ways: sometimes we are shipping new product features, architecting simple and maintainable systems, or training the organization on new technology solutions. You will make your own mark here.
The Impact You’ll Have
Most of Carta's long-term success will come from products and technology that have yet to be built. Here is an incomplete list of how you might contribute:
- Building customer-facing enterprise tools for equity administration
- Creating data pipelines for asynchronously aggregating financial reports
- Reinforcing service resiliency, availability, and fault tolerance
- Streamlining the creation of new features and services within our ecosystem
- Integrating with third-party vendors to provide reliable, accurate, and timely transfers of billions of dollars per year through Carta's platform
- Refactoring existing features into standalone event-driven services
- And others for you to discover and champion
You'll work directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure we're building the right thing at the right time with the right people. Your contributions will enable Carta's mission to make equity more available and accessible to everyone.
Whether you are a new college graduate or a Staff Engineer with 10 years of leadership experience, you continuously strive to improve yourself and those around you. Additionally,
- You have strong technical skills and are an excellent collaborator.
- You implement systems that are clear, maintainable, and correct.
- You are excited by opportunities to both break ground on new projects and provide fresh perspective onto past implementations.
- You want to build and own your work end-to-end.
- You are eager to move fast, but recognize when to build for the future.
The Interview Process
First, one of our recruiters will call you to tell you more about the job and company. You'll then meet an Engineering Manager who will discuss your opportunities at Carta and explore your experience, skills, and goals. Next, we’ll send you a technical take-home exercise where you’ll implement a software solution to a small engineering problem. Finally, you'll have four or five back-to-back conversations with Carta team members on a wide range of topics, including communications and collaboration, coding efficacy and techniques, and systems design.
As part of our highly collaborative culture, you'll be partnering closely with our US based team. Our interview process will be conducted in English, please submit your application in English as well.
We also believe that every employee is making difference in our mission, we offer to all employees:
- Equity at a hyper growth company since your start
- Opportunity to grow in your career and sharpen your skills (Unlimited Books reimbursement, internal mentorship program)
- Performance reviews every 6 months
- All the equipment you need to do your job (Brand new Macbook, extra monitors and peripherals)
- Health, Dental and Life insurance for you and your family
- Above the market meal allowance
- Mental health and wellness assistance program
- Transportation assistance
- 30 days paid vacation
- English classes reimbursement
- Monthly Cellphone bill stipend
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leaves
- Snacks and Beverages unlimited in the Office
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄