Fullstack Engineer/Sr. Fullstack Engineer, Growth
GitLab (View all Jobs)
1. A series of video calls 2. Coding exercise involving working on a Merge Request that is like a real work task
$107,500 - $188,900
Programming Languages Mentioned
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
An Overview of the GitLab Development Team
The Development Team is responsible for developing products in the following categories:
We're hiring for Fullstack Engineer positions across the Growth sub-department. The Growth stage analyses the entire customer journey from acquisition of a customer, to the flow across multiple GitLab features, and even reactivation of lost users.
Fullstack engineers work in small groups with a Product Manager, Product Designer and a Data Analyst in order to scale GitLab usage by connecting users to the existing value that GitLab already delivers.
Fullstack Engineers will work across the backend (Ruby on Rails), and frontend (Vue.js) parts of our application. Due to the nature of our tech stack, the volume and complexity of work is weighted more strongly towards backend, rather than frontend.
Learn more about Fullstack Teams at GitLab
- You have professional software engineering experience with PostgreSQL in large production environments
- You have significant experience with Vue (ideal), React and/or Angular.
- You have significant experience with CSS, HTML semantics and accessibility
- You are familiar with open source
- You have strong written communication skills
- You are self-motivated and have strong organizational skills
- You have demonstrated the ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term. Within the last 5 years, you've worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- You are comfortable working in a cross functional organization
- You are able to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You are able to use GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor
- Experience working with a remote team
- Enterprise software company experience
- Experience scaling a successful SaaS product
- Developer platform/tool industry experience
- Experience working with a global team
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. Candidates will have access to the compensation calculator after an initial screen conversation with a member of our recruiting team. Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
For Colorado residents: The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $107,500 - $188,900 for Colorado residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄