Engineering Manager, Managed Services
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - Worldwide
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
C++, Python, Java
This role is an opportunity for a technologist with a passion for Linux and Cloud to build a career with Canonical and drive the success with those leveraging Ubuntu and open source products. If you have an affinity for open source development and a passion for technology, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at Canonical.
The BootStack team designs, builds, and operates modern distributed systems on private infrastructure for customers. From Kubernetes to OpenStack and everything in-between, you’ll be working with the latest technology in a fast-paced engineering environment. As a BootStack Engineering Manager for the BootStack team, you will be responsible for managing the engineers that
oversee day-to-day Managed Service of customer environments, including customer service management, managed services operations and consistent product improvement engineering. Collaboration with customers, product engineering, and operations is critical to success.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage a growing engineering team to optimise the quality and velocity of both development and operations
- Identify and measure team health indicators
- Implement disciplined engineering and operations processes
- Represent the BootStack team with respect to stakeholders, customers, and external teams
- Ensure proper team focus on priorities, milestones, and deliverables
- Work to meet service level agreements with customer deployments around the globe
- Deliver quality managed services in a consistent, timely manner
The successful Engineering Manager candidate will have:
- Bachelors (or equivalent Degree level) education in a technology field
- Proven track record of at least 5 years professional experience of either software delivery using Python, Go, C, C++, Java, or similar and/or managing operations teams
- Proven experience with OpenStack
- Demonstrated strong commitment to testing methodologies and maintainable code quality
- Experience with Linux system administration, Ubuntu/Debian a plus
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in and managing distributed teams
- Technical aptitude for understanding complex distributed systems
- Knowledge about common design patterns (interfaces, ...)
- Experience with cloud topologies and technologies
- Travel to team and company events and customer meetings, roughly 20% or less
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realize the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
- Learning and Development
- Competitive Salary
- Recognition Rewards
- Priority Pass for travel
- Flexible working option
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄