Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snap, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What do we do?
Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as the Internet of Things and AR/VR.
In 2019, Mapbox made a considerable investment in the platform to support the Japanese market, including the integration of best-in-class Zenrin data and supporting the launch of Yahoo! JAPAN’s new maps for millions of people. Today, the demand for Mapbox in Japan is growing as we become the leading Japanese platform for maps and locations.
Why should you join us?
- Are you obsessed with solving customer problems with data?
- Do you want to gain experience working with vast amounts of data on an Internet-scale?
- Do you want to architect and build data platforms with cutting edge technologies, like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Presto, Airflow, and others?
- Do you want to work as a part of the international world-class global engineering team?
What You'll Do?
- Architect, build and operate data pipeline, storage and processing platform from various data sources with the latest cloud-based big data technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and critical business performance metrics.
- Assist data scientist teams in applying ML algorithms on vast amounts of available data.
- Work with minimal supervision and collaborate well within and outside of the team.
What We Believe Are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Airflow or similar tools
- Experience in building ETL Pipelines
- Experience with AWS data services (Kinesis, DynamoDB, EMR, Redshift, others)
- The ability to work in fast pace environment with minimum supervision is a must
- AWS Certified Data Analytics speciality or similar certification is a plus
- Experience in advanced Python is a plus
- Experience with log management tools (Elastic, Fluent, Kibana) is a plus
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes and CI/CD tools is a plus
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools like Prometheus, Graphana is a plus
- Being bilingual (Japanese or English) is a plus, but is not required
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄