Senior Backend Software Engineer, Foundations
Checkr (View all Jobs)
Remote, United States
1. 1 hour CoderPad problem 2. Four 1 hour interviews: API Design using your computer and languages, Refactoring in language of your choice, Object Design (no coding), System Architecture (no coding) and sometimes a 30 minute manager chat
Programming Languages Mentioned
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As a Senior Backend Software Engineer on the Platform team, you will uncover patterns and technical challenges across the Checkr Engineering organization and develop creative solutions to resolve them. You will strive towards the right balance between enforcing standardization and accommodating uniqueness. The Platform team aims to allow other engineering teams to focus on their individual areas of expertise, instead of doing things from scratch - giving a paved path to answering questions like:
- How can I authenticate customer API requests before they get to my microservice?
- How should my kafka clients connect to our brokers and handle failures?
- How can I include my data in the customer-facing search index?
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to identify their needs and pattern
- Influence technical roadmap and strategy
- Design, build, ship and maintain the core software libraries, tools, and patterns used by all of Checkr’s engineering teams
- Troubleshoot complex production issues across the stack
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Mentor junior engineers, and level-up the whole team
What you bring:
- Empathy for others
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in Ruby, Python, or GoLang
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Solid understanding of microservices design, REST APIs, and asynchronous queueing models
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $129,328- $174,973.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄