Senior Engineer, Firmware
Aura Frames (View all Jobs)
New York City, United States
1. Simplified real-world coding task on Coderpad.io 2. Followed by a few hours onsite writing code in our actual codebase.
Why We Matter: Aura connects people around the world through a brilliant and simple photo-sharing experience. Founded by two early Twitter engineers, Aura began as a software company driven to connect people and deliver joy. We liberate the wonderful photos that might otherwise stay trapped on smartphones. Technology and innovation are at the core of every decision we make, but always in the service of bringing families and friends closer together.
We have a large network of digital picture frames across the world delivering photos to users. We apply computer vision and machine learning technology to millions of photos every week to help filter, layout, suggest, and display users' photos. We have experienced 150% year-over-year growth, and the scale of our network continues to grow.
How You Will Add Value: You will join our small platform engineering team to improve and extend the OS that runs hundreds of thousands happy IoT devices every day.
What Excites You About An Opportunity:
- Collaborating with EE and Firmware engineers in our China offices
- Working on hardware bring-up for new SoC, Wi-Fi, and sensor modules
- Working on Manufacturing/SOP validation and calibration support software and tools
- Diagnosing, analyzing, and resolving relevant issues based on device telemetry and customer feedback
- Identifying and executing forward-looking service/framework improvements
As a contributor to our Android BSP efforts, you are motivated by:
- The Linux Kernel and Device Drivers
- The AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
We're Excited About You Because:
- Worked on a small team at a growing startup
- Worked on production line/manufacturing/SOP support software
- Comfortable with Logic Analyzers and basic EE concepts
- Eager to mentor
Because You Matter: We believe in creating a happy and supportive work environment, so you can both excel at your job and actually enjoy coming into work each day.
For full-time, US-based employees. Benefits may differ for part-time or international roles.
- 🏥 Comprehensive health plans - Aura pays 100% of the premium for employees and 50% for families.
- 📈 401(k) with match - Aura fully matches the first 4% of your salary contributed
- 💰 $2k annual career budget - Classes, conferences, books, etc
- 🌯 Lunch and snacks - including stipend for remote employees
- 💪 $150 monthly fitness allowance - gym, coaching, etc
- 🏝 Generous time off - and you’re required to take at least 10 days off each year
Aura Home Inc. All rights reserved, Aura is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄