Senior SQL Developer
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Python, ETL, SQL
Who We Are:
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 0 to 1M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. --Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require a Senior SQL Developer. You will build a highly performant data lake and warehouse that integrates with the tools leveraged by our Data Analytics, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop amazing solutions using the best technology for any given use case.
- Model and analyze data utilizing SQL best practices for OLAP / OLTP query and database performance
- Develop on a real-time OLAP database (Druid, and work with distributed processing engines (PrestoDb or Trino, Hive)
- Leverage Data Build Tool (DBT), Snowflake, Airflow, AWS infrastructure, CI/CD, testing, and engineering best practices to accomplish your work
- Generate innovative approaches to datasets with millions of daily active users and terabytes of data
- Communicate findings clearly both verbally and in writing to a broad range of stakeholders
- Test, monitor, and report on data health and data quality
In your tool-bag:
- Are proficient in SQL and understand the difference between SQL that works and SQL that performs
- Have worked with data modeling and orchestration tools
- Have experience with relational (SQL), non-relational (NoSQL), and/or object data stores (e.g., Snowflake, MongoDB, S3, HDFS, Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB)
- Have a solid understanding of ETL vs. ELT processes, data warehouses, and business intelligence tools
- Are highly motivated to work autonomously, with the ability to manage multiple work streams
- Interest in building and experimenting with different tools and tech, and sharing your learnings with the broader organization
- Love Dogs! . . . Or at least tolerate them. We're a very canine-friendly workplace!
- Have developed and maintained DBT or Airflow in production environments
- Have experience programmatically deploying cloud resources on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Have successfully implemented data quality, data governance, or disaster recovery initiatives
- Are proficient in at least one imperative programming language (i.e., Python)
At Fetch Rewards, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- Stock Options
- 401K Match - Up to 3%
- PPO and HDHP plans | Dental | Vision | Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 Paid Holidays + End of Year Break
- Flexible 12 weeks of Parental Leave
- Full time wellness coach to help meet your exercise & wellness needs
- WFH Setup. Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done
- Regularly scheduled virtual events, happy hours, cooking classes, etc.
- Hybrid environment / On-site in the office 1-2 days per week
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄