iOS Engineer, Apprenticeship
Fetch Rewards (View all Jobs)
1. Short take-home project 2. 50 min screening interview that includes discussion of project 3. 5 hr (w/ breaks) final interview that involves speaking with your future manager and a non-technical product manager, a real-world coding problem, and high-level and low-level system design problems.
Programming Languages Mentioned
What we’re building and why we’re building it.
There’s a reason Fetch is ranked top 10 in Shopping in the App Store. Every day, millions of people earn Fetch Points buying brands they love. From the grocery aisle to the drive-through, Fetch makes saving money fun. We’re more than just a build-first tech unicorn. We’re a revolutionary shopping platform where brands and consumers come together for a loyalty-driving, points-exploding, money-saving party.
Join a fast-growing, founder-led technology company that’s still only in its early innings. Ranked one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes two years in a row, Fetch is building a people-first culture rooted in trust and accountability. How do we do it? By empowering employees to think big, challenge ideas, and find new ways to bring the fun to Fetch. So what are you waiting for? Apply to join our rocketship today!
Fetch is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the shopping experience will require growing the engineering team. We’re looking for an iOS Engineer Apprentice to contribute immediately and work on real features that impact our customers and partners. You will build highly performant mobile applications to integrate seamlessly with our backend services. You’ll be working on a small, multi-functional team that may include other engineers, a designer, product manager, data scientist and other roles. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with light mentorship of an experienced team member.
In your tool-bag:
- An understanding of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to learn quickly
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- You are self-driven and able to prioritize your time effectively
You have experience with:
- Object oriented or functional programming languages (Swift, Objective C)
- Mobile Development (iOS)
- Modern App Architecture (MVVM)
- Version control system (Git)
Bonus points for:
- iOS experience
- Implementing UI programmatically
- Personal app release
- Test writing and quality assurance
- This is a three month program where you will be given challenging and meaningful work
- You will gain incredible experience and grow as an engineer
- $40 per hour
- 40 hours per week of work, minimum
- There are no health benefits during the apprenticeship
- We don’t sponsor H1Bs on an Apprenticeship due to legal limitations
- Get an onboarding buddy on your 1st day
- Work on the same projects as our perm employees, you are not treated any differently!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄