Software Engineering Manager (1371)
CloudBees (View all Jobs)
1. Multiple interviews, discussion of technical background and experiences.
Programming Languages Mentioned
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Why this role
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Engineering Manager to join CloudBees Product Development organization. The role will be responsible for driving the efficiency, effectiveness, and happiness of a team of engineers focusing on the Continuous Integration portion of our self-managed/on-prem solution, based on Jenkins. Relying on continuous feedback, you will foster adaptive design, and engineering practices, and drive programs and teams to rally around a shared technical vision that fuels solution development at CloudBees for years to come.
This position is an expert engineering manager making decisions that impact the entire CloudBees Product Suite.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all engineering activities including design, testing, performance, development, release, monitoring
- Foster Agile delivery
- Through balancing the stability and efficiency of the traditional organizational hierarchy with the innovative agility of the network structure found in agile teams.
- Through empowering direct reports to perform their daily work as part of the network structure with decentralized decision-making.
- Through eliminating institutional impediments by managing up and across the enterprise.
- Implement and maintain overall engineering objectives and initiatives
- Confront and solve performance and operational issues to improve development efficiency
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Provide leadership to enable a highly effective engineering team including
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and technical mentoring to continuously improve.
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Identifying and developing strong pitches for product features
- Hire and retain the best talent for your team through smooth outings and filling gaps in roles and skills, and planning for future talent needs.
What The Role Requires
- Demonstrated success in leading/managing engineering teams and software development projects
- 5+ years of software development in a technical leadership capacity
- Experience with our tech stack or equivalent: Kubernetes, helm, Java, Docker, AWS, GCP, Jenkins.
- DevOps enthusiasm with a passion for modern software development practices including agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery, containerization, outcome driven development, iterative development
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from support or operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- Incredible problem solving abilities
- Ability and willingness to grow alongside our organization by learning new technologies and languages.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Talent for leading through influence and inspiring high achievement
What You'll Get
- Highly competitive compensation, benefits, and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄