Senior Software Engineer, Security
Doximity (View all Jobs)
San Francisco, CA or Remote (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil)
1. Phone screen 2. Take-home (2-4 hours) 3. 2-3 Tech interviews. Discussing take-home, work experience, how you'd solve real-world problems 4. 30 min debrief with engineering lead
Programming Languages Mentioned
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Join our mission to help every physician be more productive and provide better care for their patients. As medicine's largest network in the United States, there's an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. We don't take that responsibility lightly and are committed to building diverse teams with an inclusive culture that can make a direct impact on the healthcare system.
One of Doximity's core values is stretching ourselves. Even if you don't check off all the boxes below we encourage you to apply. Doximity is full of exceptional people who bring their own unique experiences to work everyday and make us all better for it!
This role can be filled in our San Francisco headquarters OR remotely in either the US, Mexico, Brazil or Canada.
Here's How You Will Make an Impact
- Active involvement in design of end to end architecture and implementation of solutions which improve our overall security posture
- Research and evaluate current and emerging threats to the entire stack for vulnerabilities, risks, external intrusions, attacks, and hacks
- Create, execute, and support company wide security improvement initiatives while coordinating with various departments as needed
- Assist in maintaining bug bounty program hosted on hackerone by directly engaging security researchers and awarding bounties
- Perform security reviews of current and potential vendor relationships
- Participate in team specific on-call rotation (Primary roughly 1 week per month)
- Create concise post-mortems for incidents and outages
- Write and maintain technical run-books and training for other engineers
- Help to improve monitoring, alerting, and reporting
What we’re looking for
- You’re a software engineer with years of experience and a deep understanding of software engineering practices.
- You either have experience with security or really want to dive in headfirst and learn.
- You are not afraid of:
- Reading, reviewing, and implementing our implementation of the oauth spec.
- Getting dirty with CORS, CSRF, XSS, etc
- You’re proficient in:
- Ruby, Python, or Golang. Not afraid to learn the rest.
- You are comfortable working with Linux/Unix, cloud environments, and Git
- You are self-motivated and able to manage yourself and your own queue.
- You are a problem solver with a passion for simple, clean, and maintainable solutions.
- You agree that concise and effective written and verbal communication is a must for a successful team.
- You are able to maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM Pacific time.
- You can dedicate about two weeks per year for travel to company events.
Benefits & Perks
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
For the past decade, it’s been our mission to help every physician be more productive so they can provide better care for their patients. We believe that when doctors are connected, the healthcare system works better and patients benefit. Doximity enables our verified clinician members to collaborate with colleagues, stay up-to-date with the latest medical news and research, manage their careers, and conduct virtual patient visits. Today, Doximity is the leading digital platform for U.S. medical professionals, with over 80% of physicians, 50% of all nurse practitioners and physician assistants, and 90% of graduating medical students as members.
Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team passionate about improving inefficiencies in our $4.3 trillion U.S. healthcare system. We are a team of doers who solve problems everyday by treating obstacles like an adventure, and we love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. Doxers are committed to working towards a more equitable world both within and beyond our office walls. This starts by fostering an inclusive and diverse work environment where differences are valued and all employees are encouraged to bring their full, authentic selves to work daily. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunity for you to make an impact—join us! For more information, visit Doximity.com.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄