Reaktor (View all Jobs)
1. Discussion 2. Work samples from previous projects (work or hobby) 3. Take-home exercise if needed for further info
Programming Languages Mentioned
Excited about using the latest web technologies?
Interested in solving human problems with a holistic approach?
Curious to experience a managerless work environment?
Look at you sounding like a Reaktorian already 😎
We are looking for a Full-stack Developer to join our Turku office and solve juicy digital challenges at scale, share expertise with others, and work closely with Reaktor communities in Helsinki, Tampere, Amsterdam, Lisbon, NYC and Tokyo.
As a Full-stack Developer you…
- Take care of both the technical and human side of projects.
- Are familiar with automated testing & functional programming.
- Enjoy working with juniors and seniors on both the shiny and dirty bits of your repo.
- Can create new backend services and tweak CI/CD pipelines when needed.
- Look forward to taking an active part in shaping your team’s ways of working and programming practices.
- View your colleagues and clients as individuals with their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Believe that sometimes tech is best solved with no code at all, but by talking to the right people.
- Have experience on a broad spectrum (for example both back end and front end – one may be stronger than the other). Usually to be successful in these roles at Reaktor, we've noticed it's good to have minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Have a demonstrated ability to adopt new software engineering technologies and methods. You might have side projects built using different tech.
- Live in Turku or within a comfortable commute range to be able to work from our beautiful office every now and then.
Working in teams and helping clients is our bread and butter. Reaktor’s cross functional teams consist of Front-end Engineers, Backend / DevOps & SRE specialists, Designers, Data Scientists, and Coaches. We unite our efforts to help future-thinking companies like adidas, Lego, HBO, Finavia, and FC Liverpool succeed in their world-scale digital endeavours everyday.
We enjoy working on-site and spending time together, but want to offer you an opportunity for remote work, support your home office set-up and provide a remote-friendly working environment.
We offer everything you’d expect of an international tech company: interesting projects, competitive salary and an opportunity to go on work stays to Reaktor offices around the globe. But what really makes us different is our community & culture — expect great attention to the work-life balance, high levels of trust and autonomy; and a friendly team of interesting personalities willing to connect beyond work.
Here are our benefits in detail:
- Extended healthcare services, with broad-spectrum specialist services included
- Dental care up to 250€/year
- 300€/year for exercise and relaxation
- 200€/month lunch benefit on top of your salary
- Travel and health insurance
- Company shares
- Bicycle benefit and commuting benefits
- Subsidized massages
- A phone of your choice with a phone subscription
- Internet subscription of your choice
- State-of-the-art working equipment you pick yourself
- A program to support Open Source work
- Support for relocation and help to acquire a residence permit if needed
Come as you are
We are nowhere near the finish line but we are fully committed to taking the journey towards a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace. Providing the most empathetic, safe and supportive experience to every Reaktorian is one of our core values. As well as making the world around us a better place one step at a time.
We are looking to hire, train, compensate and promote people from all backgrounds and walks of life fairly and equally to build the future of technology together. Reaktor respectfully encourages applicants of all genders, gender identities and gender expressions, races, religions, ethnicities, countries of origin, age groups, sexual orientations, marital and parental statuses, people with mental or physical disabilities.
This is what happens after you apply:
👋🏽 We’ll start with a brief chat, just to say hi. Hi!
🗣 Then we’ll get to know you a bit better in our Attitude interview. We’ll talk about your past experiences and try to understand how you’d fit in the team.
💻 Next up is our Technical interview. We know, tech interviews can be cringy. But we’ll try our best to be as real-world as possible; no sorting algos here!
💯 Lastly, a chat to discuss some practicalities and make you an offer we hope you can’t refuse.
🎉 *celebratory dance*
So, dear future colleague, we can’t wait to hear from you! Apply below👇🏽
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄