Staff Software Engineer - UI
Decodable (View all Jobs)
1. Phone Screen. 2 On-site, 2 behavioral, 2 technical. 1 tech involves talking through a problem, the other is reviewing code together. 3. Potential short take-home if we really need to prove someone can write code.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Decodable is building the future of real time data integration and engineering!
Our mission is to make real time data engineering dead simple. With Decodable, application developers, data engineers, and data scientists can get data from a myriad of systems, process it with SQL, and get it to applications, databases, data lakes, and storage systems without needing a PhD in distributed systems.
To do that, we need you!
Staff Software Engineers on on the Application team are responsible for building and maintaining all Decodable UI component libraries and web applications. The scope of this role includes designing, developing, testing, releasing, and scaling Decodable UI applications. Staff level engineers at Decodable lead moderately complex projects with little supervision, help guide product and technical direction and mentor and support other engineers around them.
We are looking for candidates who have relevant experience with:
- UI frameworks: React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- REST APIs & web sockets
- Development of high-complexity, high-performance interactive browser applications, including architecture, data visualization, and optimization.
Experience building applications for data infrastructure and platforms is a huge plus.
It's ok to have varying degrees of experience in each of these technologies. We value growth, learning, and experimentation.
We get that you have a lot of options when it comes to where you work. More than just salary, you want to work on cool projects, with the best team, and have real impact - on customers, on the product, on the company, and on your career. You get that with Decodable.
Here's what you can expect from us:
- An open, human-first team.
- Transparent salary band and cap table information.
- Unlimited vacation with a 2 week minimum vacation policy.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- 401k / RRSP with contribution.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄