Software Engineer, Identity and Access Management
Carta (View all Jobs)
Seattle, WA; San Francisco, CA; Santa Clara, CA; New York, NY
1. Chat with recruiter 2. Chat with one of our engineering leaders 3. Take home assignment that is not timed ( thinking about code production quality in arriving to a solution) 4. Virtual onsite (5 sessions: take home follow up discussion, architecture and design white boarding, chat with a product manager, chat about teamwork, and another meeting with hiring manager ~ about 4 hours) 5. Team matching (non-evaluative)
Programming Languages Mentioned
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
The IAM (Identity and Access Management) team is a software engineering team that builds services leveraged by Carta’s entire product suite to authenticate and authorize millions of users. We are the gatekeepers of Carta. We ensure that our users can access Carta systems and resources securely with the right level of access. We are a highly impactful, cross-functional team that loves solving problems at scale!
The Problems You’ll Solve
- Build, maintain and support IAM services for all Carta products - login, registration, session, MFA, OAuth, SSO
- Reinforcing service resiliency, availability, performance and fault tolerance
- Decompose authentication from the monolithic architecture into standalone services
- Create tools that enables more effective troubleshooting and monitoring in authentication services
- Collaborate with teams across the company to solve complex problems and address security concerns
You have strong technical skills, are excited by projects that create scale, and enjoy working closely with stakeholders across engineering as well as product. You’ve worked in a monolithic environment and have felt the pain as organizations grow. Ideally, you’ve helped transform the monolithic environment to microservices.
You have 3+ years of frontend or full-stack software development experience working as an individual contributor. You have experience architecting scalable, production-quality products with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and microservices. You are excited about authentication technologies such as SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect and LDAP. You are familiar or willing to learn our technology stack - Python, ReactJS, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, CircleCI, Datadog, gRPC.
You enjoy learning and are highly collaborative. Our team consists of people who are happy to help you learn everything you need to be successful at Carta.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at email@example.com. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄