Software Engineer - Golang, Python - Anbox Cloud
Canonical (View all Jobs)
Home based - Americas, EMEA
1. Review your open source contributions at shortlist stage. 2. 4x60m interviews over Hangouts, each of which is carried out blind (none of the interviewers talk to each other until the final review). The company is fully remote, so there is no on-site.
Programming Languages Mentioned
Canonical is looking for a talented software engineer to join our distributed team that builds Anbox Cloud, which enables cloud-hosted containerised Android instances, and powers various Android streaming services such as cloud gaming, medical security, and innovative new phone capabilities.
The successful candidate will work with a dedicated team on the development and maintenance of our software stack in Go and Python, and help customers integrate it into their offerings. Our software runs at scale and uses various Canonical open-source technologies including LXD, Juju, MAAS, and snaps to deliver the best experience for our customers.
- Develop and maintain various components in Go and Python
- Write and maintain automated tests for your code
- Participate in code reviews
- Assist with CI and release management
- Write documentation
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
Required skills and experience
- Solid programming experience in Go and Python
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker, LXD, Kubernetes)
- Experience with a modern Linux based operating system
- Experience with modern distributed version control systems such as git
- Capacity to learn quickly about new systems and techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to collaborate remotely with a distributed team
Desirable skills and experience
- Familiarity with Juju, charms, MAAS or LXC/LXD
- Experience with Android at the application or system level
- Experience with Linux packaging
- Knowledge of complex and distributed systems theory
- Experience working in a distributed team
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄