Government Technology SME (remote)
Ad Hoc (View all Jobs)
1. Technical take-home assignment 2. Multiple video calls that are discussions of technical background and experience.
$193,796 - $257,801
This is a fully remote position.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to parenting) our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s embraced.
Working directly with the Director, Technical Solutions and the VP, Technology, the Government Technology SME is responsible for utilizing and building upon their subject matter expertise to drive forward Ad Hoc’s mission of enabling government agencies to deliver effective digital services. The Government Technology SME uses their knowledge of government technology, policy, product development, and problem-solving to facilitate the development of strategic approaches for compelling solutions to government digital service challenges. The Government Technology SME is responsible for working with teams across the company to create and articulate technical solutions that address customer needs and best equip them for success.
The Government Technology SME is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Working closely between the Client Technical Solutions team (Growth) and the Solution Strategy team (Technology) to support and drive the strategic focus and alignment of client technical solutions.
- Maintaining awareness and understanding of existing and target customer agency policy, priorities, and strategy as it relates to information technology and user needs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at existing and target customer agencies.
- Supporting and advising Ad Hoc Account Teams as they identify and pursue growth opportunities.
- Supporting the Growth team in effectively communicating the impact and value of Ad Hoc’s work in the proposal product.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in support of developing solution strategies with the Growth team and practitioners from Ad Hoc’s Product, Engineering, and Experience discipline areas.
- Articulating the challenges of government agencies and translating this into digital services solutions in partnership with Technology leaders
- Developing artifacts and processes that support Ad Hoc’s Technical Solutions and Growth functions.
- Staying current on emerging technologies and how they relate to Ad Hoc’s current and future work, and communicating this internally and externally
- Educating the organization on the value of proposed solutions, including thought leadership work that can be used internally and externally
The right candidate for this role will embody Ad Hoc’s core values in their leadership and to hold their peers accountable to the same. They believe we grow by tackling hard problems, being strategic and learning from others. They lead with humility, which involves being there for their peers, having a perspective, and demonstrating low/no ego in their work.
- 6+ years working within the technology solution ecosystem or closely related role
- 3+ years experience working closely with or within an US federal agency
- Government or government contracting experience
- Experience working with or as a Solution Architect, CIO, or similar role
- Experience with and aptitude for understanding and articulating technical solutions
- Expertise in government digital services policy, strategy, and priorities across Federal Civilian agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates experience managing multiple priorities
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Leads strategic change related to organizational goals, both internally and externally
- Driven by results, both in terms of meeting organizational goals and customer expectations
- Political savvy and awareness of and ability to respond to operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Some basic requirements
- All work must be conducted within the U.S., excluding U.S. territories. Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $193,796 - $257,801 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄