LaunchDarkly (View all Jobs)
Remote - US
1. Informational phone screen with Eng leadership 2. Take home project 3. On-site interviews
Programming Languages Mentioned
C++, Golang, Java, Python
- Deploy and maintain infrastructure hosted in the cloud
- Research and implement changes to increase site reliability and help us operate more efficiently
- Participate in an after-hours on-call rotation
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- You are an effective communicator
- You are a self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve hard problems and work independently when necessary. You identify potential problems and nip them in the bud before they surface
- You play well on a small, tight-knit team
- You have run large-scale production systems on Linux servers in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- You love automating deployment with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Terraform. When you want to automate other processes, you reach for Python or bash
- You have configured and tuned Web proxy servers such as HAProxy, nginx, Apache httpd, or Varnish
- You can't live without monitoring systems such as Sensu, Nagios, Graphite/Grafana, or Datadog
- You are familiar with running systems with a microservice-based architecture
- You have interacted with data persistence technologies such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka, or Redis
- You have written software in Go (Golang), C++, or Java
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 20 Trillion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka "dark launching"). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive. Our headquarters are in Oakland.
At LaunchDarkly, we believe in the power of teams. We're building a team that is humble, open, collaborative, respectful and kind. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
We've partnered with KeyValues to help demonstrate the amazing culture we've built here at LaunchDarkly, find more info at https://www.keyvalues.com/launchdarkly.
LaunchDarkly is also committed to giving back to our community and is a part of Pledge 1%, an organization that helps companies make this a priority. Through this initiative and its charitable arm, the LaunchDarkly Foundation, the company is committed to such causes as supporting education for the underserved, homelessness relief and moving towards having a net-zero carbon footprint. You can find more about the LaunchDarkly Foundation and the organizations we serve at https://launchdarkly.com/foundation/.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄