Senior Frontend Engineer - Search Studio
Algolia (View all Jobs)
1. Take-home project 2. Onsite discussions and presentation
Programming Languages Mentioned
Algolia was built to help users deliver an intuitive search-as-you-type experience on their websites and mobile apps. We provide an API-first platform used by thousands of customers in more than 100 countries to power state-of-the-art Search and Discovery experiences on their website, mobile apps, no matter what tech stack they’re using.
The Frontend Experiences (FX) team is responsible for inspiring and empowering Algolia users to build the best Algolia powered UI experiences for their needs. We imagine, create and decompose elaborated UI experiences into small blocks ready to be mixed and matched in our users’ apps. We maintain a set of UI libraries such as Autocomplete, which you may have come across while searching the Tailwind or React docs. We also maintain the InstantSearch library platform which unlock complex Search & Discovery use cases.
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Frontend Experiences (FX) team at Algolia. As a member, you will have a direct impact on the look and feel of Algolia powered UIs. You’ll help customers re-imagine the future of how people search and discover information. You will play a pivotal role in architecting and implementing open-source libraries, which are the face of Algolia’s Developer Experience.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Implement new features, solve issues and analyse user's feedback on our popular open-source projects
- Coordinate with our product, design and marketing teams on the release of new projects and websites
- Take ownership, research, explore and deliver novel experiences
- Teach us what we don't know and how you want to improve the search and discovery experiences
- Participate (new features, bug fixes) to other popular open-source projects related to our project needs
- Be a technical mentor and help the team grow
- Help define engineering best practices and processes
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- You have created at least one reusable module (private or public)
- You have an eye for great user experiences (UX)
- You like to help, teach and mentor your colleagues, in and outside the team.
- Preference for candidates with experience at our current stage and beyond (over 10,000 customers, $50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
- GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
- TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership.
- CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback.
- CARE - Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
- HUMILITY - Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
Algolia’s workplace strategy, Hybrid Remote, is designed to harness the power of the opportunities that remote work offers both employees and the company, while also providing an engaging in-office experience for the times when an employee is in an office. Our workplace approach reflects the belief that an employee’s impact, contribution, and output are more important than their physical location.
The majority of employees will be able to choose if, and when, they come into an office on a regular basis. There will be times when our people are asked to come into an office for “moments that matter:” activities like critical planning meetings and team social gatherings. Beyond those events, 80% of our workforce may choose the location from where they work in the country in which they were hired.
We have physical offices in San Francisco, NYC, Atlanta, Paris, London, Austin, and Bucharest. https://www.algolia.com/about/
Algolia prides itself on being a pioneer and market leader offering an AI-powered, API-First Search & Discovery platform that empowers 12,000+ businesses to compose customer experiences at internet scale that predict what their users want with blazing fast search and web browse experience. Algolia powers more than 30 billion search requests a week – four times more than Microsoft Bing, Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex and DuckDuckGo combined.
Algolia is part of a cadre of innovative new companies that are driving the next generation of software development, creating APIs that make developers’ lives easier; solutions that are better than building from scratch and better than having to tweak monolithic SaaS solutions.
In 2021, the company closed $150 million in series D funding and quadrupled its post-money valuation of $2.25 billion. Being well capitalized enables Algolia to continue to invest in its market leading platform, to better serve its thousands of customers–including Under Armor, Petsmart, Stripe, Gymshark, and Walgreens, to name just a few.
The team is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Paris, London, New York, Austin, Atlanta, and Bucharest. To learn more, visit www.algolia.com.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to build the world’s best search & discovery technology. As an ownership-driven company, we seek team members who thrive within an environment based on autonomy and diversity. We're committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We care about each other and the world around us, and embrace talented people regardless of their race, age, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, color, veteran status, disability and socioeconomic background.
READY TO APPLY?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for building the world’s best search & discovery technology, we’d love to review your application!
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄