Mobile Test Automation Engineer
Mapbox (View all Jobs)
1. Conversational interviews 2. Paid onsite project with team.
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.5 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps.
What You'll Do
- Establish automated testing strategies to ensure quality of SDK and app releases on Android and iOS
- Set up the team’s test automation framework and integrate third-party testing services
- Integrate the testing framework with our CI systems to support CD and release cycles
- Write automated tests to cover key navigation functionality in both Android and iOS SDKs & apps
- Empower and support platform engineers in writing automated tests with the framework
- Identify and record defects, assess their severity and analyse steps to reproduction
- Build test suites to cover smoke, regression and functional testing
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Extensive on-hands experience with mobile test frameworks such as Appium, Espresso and/or XCUITest
- Experience on building testing framework for mobile teams
- Experience with at least one CI&D platform and cloud testing services (AWS Device Farm, Firebase TestLab, Saucelabs…)
- Proven experience in defining and implementing a testing automation strategy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to work in ambiguous environments
- Knowledge of mobile application software design and architecture
- Experience with build and distribution systems would be an advantage (Gradle, Maven and/or SPM)
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄