Senior Software Engineer - Front End (Vue)
The Nerdery (View all Jobs)
Edina, Minnesota, United States, Phoenix, Arizona, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States, Remote
1. Take-home exercise
Programming Languages Mentioned
Who We Are
At Nerdery, we pride ourselves on being a premier digital business consultancy. However, we are much more than consultants. We’re allies on our client’s digital journey. As true partners, we prepare our clients for the opportunities in front of them, as well as in the future. We bridge strategy and execution, at all operational levels. We create solutions that accelerate our client’s progress by thoughtfully crafted and methodically executed.
Our Software Engineering team at Nerdery believes in quality craftsmanship, meaningful collaboration, and outstanding customer service. We get a lot of energy from partnering with our clients to develop custom solutions that solve their business problems. Our impact can be felt in both startups and enterprise corporations, with our work serving millions of users every day.
Who You Are
You enjoy fast-paced and well structured challenges that push your boundaries. You are naturally a curious person who loves to explore both professional and personally. Additionally, you do well around others who are also curious. You love to funnel that curiosity into growth, ultimately leading to impact the lives of those who use the solutions you create.
If this sounds like you, Nerdery is your home, a place where you will be an integral part of the team, regardless of title or seniority.
What You’ll Do
The Software Engineer position at Nerdery, is a seasoned technologist who is passionate about writing, reading, and improving software in a specified set of technologies in order to solve client problems. They deliver on larger non-functional user stories or business requirements, design a correct solution, and deconstruct it into user stories and tasks for other Engineers to execute on.
- Reviewing and intaking assets from our partners and providing feedback on the technical implications,
- Composing maintainable, scalable, and modular client-side architecture and that integrates well with a diverse set of back-end platforms,
- Documenting key aspects of a project for the client, and other team members,
- Contributing to our collective brainpower through innovation and peer review,
- Lead a small or medium project (i.e. guiding 0-5 other engineers); or assume responsibility for the direction of a major component in a larger engagement, including collaborating directly with client stakeholders as necessary,
- Write code within a particular technology for a client with minimal technical oversight,
- Communicate with Nerdery employees and Nerdery clients about task status, availability, and questions about technology,
- Provide and receive feedback about how to become a better Software Engineer,
- May support the growth of other Engineers through mentorship,
- May support the growth of their technology through initiative participation.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical client stakeholders,
- Experience working in a distributed, agile environment,
- Proven, strong, and driven growth mindset,
- 5+ years of professional experience within the software industry,
- 3+ years of professional experience with React and Node.js,
- 1+ years of professional experience with Cloud Native Technologies (Google Cloud Platform is a big plus),
- Experience planning and architecting Front-End applications,
- Experience working with and solid understanding of TypeScript.
- Experience with common front end tooling (e.g. Babel, Webpack, etc.)
- Front-end first mindset, with a desire to understand other disciplines,
- Experience working with automated testing for Front-End technologies,
- Experience and desire to mentor less experienced software engineers,
- Experience implementing common UI patterns (Mobile first, etc.),
- Working knowledge of common accessibility concerns,
- Experience working with cloud platforms, preferably Google Cloud Platform,
- Experience with Apollo/GraphQL,
- Experience with NextJS,
- Solid understanding of common dev-ops concerns,
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Software Engineering,
- Leadership potential is a huge plus, but specific leadership experience is not required.
- Not Required
Location Options: Chicago, Minneapolis, Phoenix or US Remote Based
Must be legally authorized to work within the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
Please mention No Whiteboard if you apply!
I'm a one-man team looking to improve tech interviews, and could use any support! 😄